Receta de Gazpacho Andaluz - Chilled Gazpacho Soup Recipe
La Tienda Kitchens
- 30 minutes
- 6 servings
- 2lbs of ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1small green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1small red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1medium Vidalia onion, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 3cloves of fresh garlic, chopped or 5 cloves jarred sweet white garlic, very finely minced
- 1/2cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4tbsp sherry vinegar (or 6 tbsp red wine vinegar)
- 1cup of bread from a Galician barra or a baguette, torn into small pieces
- 1cup ice cold water
- 1tsp sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Diced red or yellow bell pepper for garnish
Working in batches, combine the tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, onion (if using), garlic, olive oil, sugar, vinegar and bread in a blender or food processor. Blend until very smooth.
Strain into a bowl using a fine mesh strainer, pressing to extract as much liquid and pulp as possible. Stir in ice water to your desired consistency and add salt and black pepper to taste. Adjust vinegar level as needed.
Refrigerate for three hours or preferably overnight. Serve in small bowls with diced red and green pepper garnish.
For a delightful, light, summer lunch pair with bocadillo sandwiches, banderillas and a pitcher of homemade sangría!
Serving Size 13.2 oz/373 gr; Calories 324; Calories from Fat 172; Total Fat 19.4 gr (30%); Saturated Fat 2.8 gr (14%); Trans Fat 0 gr; Cholesterol 0 mg ; Sodium 629 mg (26%); Total Carbohydrates 33 gr (11%); Fiber 4 gr (16%); Sugars 10 gr; Protein 6 gr (13%); Vitamin A 44%; Vitamin C 115%; Calcium 6%; Iron 14%.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.