- 1/2medium sweet onion, diced
- 2tbsp sherry vinegar
- 8oz short, ribbed pasta such as rotini, fusilli or penne
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3oz Spanish chorizo, sliced and diced into ¼-inch pieces
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 2tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4cup roasted piquillo peppers, chopped
- 3oz Manchego cheese, cubed
- 1/2tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2tsp lemon zest
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
Mix diced onion and sherry vinegar together in small bowl and let stand for at least 15 minutes to lightly pickle the onions.
Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until tender but still firm, about 6-7 minutes. Drain pasta well and allow it to cool to room temperature. Once cool, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
While pasta is boiling, cook chorizo in small skillet over medium-high heat until chorizo is crisp. During last minute of cooking, stir in garlic.
In a large mixing bowl, toss together the pasta with chorizo and garlic mixture olive oil, parsley, green onions, piquillo peppers, Manchego cheese, thyme, smoked paprika and lemon zest. Add vinegar and onions to the salad. Toss well and season with sea salt and ground black pepper to taste. Drizzle with olive oil, to taste.
Serve immediately at room temperature or assemble one day in advance and refrigerate. Return to room temperature and toss well before serving.
Serving Size 6.2 oz/176 gr; Calories 507; Calories from Fat 236; Total Fat 26.5 gr (41%); Saturated Fat 8.8 gr (44%); Trans Fat 0.3 gr ; Cholesterol 40 mg (13%); Sodium 1002 mg (42%); Total Carbohydrates 48 gr (16%); Fiber 3 gr (12%); Sugars 4 gr; Protein 18 gr (37%); Vitamin A 18%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 18%; Iron 10%.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.